The Mind of the Magnolia...



...I work so hard to attempt to perceive the world through my clients eyes, to give all my clients, the people who I thank for giving me the opportunity to work for them and share their fantastic moments, sentimental moments and share their memories, the images I feel they desire...


...This is my chance to show you the world through my eyes... the lady behind the lens.. the work and images that mean the most to me.


Now don't be expecting the same styled images as you see in magazines here, as I have had work published in magazines and been there and done that, I want to show you my art.


As an artist using a camera as my tool, my tool to show you how I feel, what I like, simply my world. In my world, anything goes, from professional appearing images to pixelated, out of focus and dramatic.


This is my art, my world, my rules.

I hope you enjoy.


Sarah

Founder

Magnolia Photography UK

http://www.magnoliaphotography.co.uk

Sunday, 27 December 2009

Family and winter images I love...

We recently sent a card to my husbands grandma, who is Brandon's Great. Grandma now. All the Christmas poems were not very good so I wrote the following:
To a very special grandma

who has now become a great,
but in our hearts you already were
the greatest of the great
as you are so loving
and you are so kind
Robert, Sarah and Brandon,
in our hearts you shine.

With love this Christmas.

Some of the following images, when clicked may be huge, as I will have uploaded the full size version(s).


I know this image has a washing line and a lampost in, but it so beautiful to me.
It is all about man vs. Nature.
Our creations and signs of life,
and the plants, trees and beautiful snow,
falling amongst them.

I thought it was applicable as it was taken last year at Christmas and the blogging above is about a Christmas card to a lady very important to us.

Other images that I love, that some others may wish to reject. Just because an image is RAW and unedited, imperfect, does not mean it is worthy of rejection. As an artist and a photographer I accept the beauty that is displayed in areas of images that maybe others would not perceive as beautiful, I love various images, life images, memories, and real.

This blurry, image of a sweeping brush, and plant pots, amongst other things, captured as it is snowing in the orange streetlight is another one of my favourites.

I love the colour and whispy detail that the snow creates, the many lines.

This street shot I snapped last year, always takes my breath away, I just seem to love the warm glow the lampost distributes accross the street. And there is nothing more appealing to me than the look and glistening of untouched snow. No sign of tampering, no footprints... completely untouched. A huge white blanket. like they say. Sparkling and beautiful. This image has additional meaning to me as it is where we lived last, and this was the view from our bedroom window... a view that I used before to capture some lovely images of birds and trees which I will publish now:







I love the birds, and I emphasise them and the sky by adding a shadow, dark, vignette to the edges of this image, and saturating the sky to bring out the colours. 


There is beauty everywhere, you just need to be lucky enough to have the opportunity to capture it, good photographers sometimes need to be in the right place at the right time, sometimes, to be lucky enough to capture the most precious images in their portfolio's.











I love the sky and the warmth in this, and how it is opening at the top left. I added an artistic filter to this image to make it appear more bold.




All these images were taken from the same window as I shot the images above.



This is my favourite shot of a tree from that window, in which the sky was beautifully coloured and I enhanced the colour by saturating it again using Photoshop.


I find this image breathtaking, it is not because I took it, it is the scene in which I captured, I am so happy I had the opportunity to capture this.


I would love to have this image printed on Canvas for one of the rooms in my house. It is important to me.


Some images such as this are available to buy at:


*Magnolia Photography Online Proofing and Shop* in which may be down when our business is closed. 


You click view pictures/order prints and select the album 'Prints for your home'. 
This is an unlocked album and has some unusual and some traditional shots that I like and perhaps some others would enjoy also. Hope you like my work and as always, feel free to comment, I look forward to hearing from you.



Newton Aycliffe. Proud to be a newtonion.




No comments:

Post a Comment